Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'd Give Money to all the Poor Women and Empower them  (Read 363 times)

gursharn

• View Profile
I'd Give Money to all the Poor Women and Empower them
« on: May 12, 2017, 03:58:15 PM »

I asked my friend's son what he wanted to be when he grows up. He said he wanted to be Prime Minister some day.

Both of his parents, feminists, were standing there, so I asked him, 'If you were Prime Minister, what would be the first thing you would do?'

He replied, 'I'd give money to all the poor women and empower them.' His parents beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told him. 'But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you Rs.500. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where a homeless lady hangs out, and you can give her the same 500 rupee note for food and new set of clothes .'

He thought that over for a few seconds, then he looked me straight in the eyes and asked, ' Why doesn't the homeless lady come over and do the work, and you can just pay her Rs.500?'

I said, 'Welcome to the real world of equality.'

His parents still aren't speaking to me.

gursharn

• View Profile
Re: I'd Give Money to all the Poor Women and Empower them
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 04:39:02 PM »

Version 2

I asked my friend's son what he wanted to be when he grows up. He said he wanted to be Prime Minister some day.

Both of his parents, feminists, were standing there, so I asked him, 'If you were Prime Minister, what would be the first thing you would do?'

He replied, 'I'd give money to all the poor women and empower them.' His parents beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told him. 'But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you Rs.500. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where a homeless lady hangs out, and you can give her the same 500 rupee note for food and new set of clothes .'

He thought that over for a few seconds, then he looked me straight in the eyes and asked, ' Why doesn't the homeless lady come over and do the work, and you can just pay her Rs.500?'

I said, 'She is waiting for someone to take someone else's money and give her the money because she is women.'

His parents still aren't speaking to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up